Club Welfare Officer: Mrs Elaine Mortimore
If you have any worries or concerns relating to welfare at the club please speak to Mrs Elaine Mortimore at the club. Or you can send an email to mailto:Elaine.email@example.com.
The qualifications required to become a registered club welfare officer can be found here. Once a welfare officer has met the required criteria, and the corresponding documentation has been submitted to the BFA for verification, the welfare officer will be added to the BFA’s Welfare Officer Register, updated every month, and accessible via this link. Here a Registered Welfare Officers qualifications can be verified by searching for them by club.
Club COVID-19 Officer: Mrs Elaine Mortimore
COVID-19 Requirements [Updated 09/04/2021]
Statement: The following are a combination of guidance and requirements from the British Fencing Association, Shrewsbury House Community Association and Royal Greenwich Fencing Club; are MANDATORY and for the protection of all visitors, members, attendees, and staff.
Please note that we supply all attendees with a set of basic fencing safety equipment for their sole use during the term, and equipment is not to be shared.
Parking: Parents and members can park in the car park, space permitting, as previously.
Club Requirements: The following requirements must be followed by ALL visitors, members and attendees to Shrewsbury House who are there in connection with Royal Greenwich Fencing Club, and the following must be regarded as applying to ALL, infringements will result in immediate barring from the Club, and temporary or permanent suspension.
- All visitors will need to comply with and support Shrewsbury House to implement their COVID-19 safety measures.
- ALL attendees of the club MUST complete the emailed pre-session health check form, and return it via email before each session they attend, in order to attend, for juniors by 4.30 pm on Monday and adults by 6 pm on Thursday.
- All members must provide up to date contact information to the club, which may be used for NHS track and trace purposes.
- All attendees will be required to have their temperature taken prior to entry into the Club.
- All attendees should use sanitiser gel before and after class, and wash their hands when needed in between.
- All attendees should bring their own sanitiser hand gel with them to each session and water bottle, preferably marked with their name.
- All attendees must maintain social distancing of 2m and refrain from physical contact with each other; avoiding touching other attendees and surfaces.
- All attendees MUST NOT share equipment or clothing with each other.
- ALL visitors, members and attendees of Royal Greenwich Fencing Club MUST wear face masks when entering Shrewsbury House, and for the FULL extent of their visit, including WHILE IN, and for the FULL duration of the session.
- Parents of junior members must wait with their child in the porch or reception to hand them over to a club officer, where they will have their temperature taken, before leaving, and then collect them from a club officer from reception at the end of the session.
- Parents can no longer accompany children to room 7, and or stay in room 7.
- All rooms must be vacated promptly to allow for extra cleaning between sessions, therefore all sessions will start on time and end 15 minutes before advertised.
- Shrewsbury House is operating a flow system where users walk on the left hand side when moving around the house.
- Adult members must enter room 7 via the main stairs and main doors on the big landing as normal, and exit room 7 via the small landing adjacent to the loft.
- Toilet facilities are provided, but must be used on a ‘one in, one out’ basis where possible.
- In addition to all attendees wearing face masks in class, where social distancing of 2 meters is not feasible, they are still required to adhere to social distancing of 2 meters the rest of the time.
Welfare Documents, Policies & Guidance
Below are links to PDF copies of the BFA’s welfare documents held on the BFA’s website and adopted by Royal Greenwich Fencing Club. Click on the appropriate link to view the document in full.